Master of Arts in Teaching
The Master of Arts in Teaching degree is a great fit for individuals who have a bachelor’s degree and are interested in transitioning to a teaching career. The purpose of the Master of Arts in Teaching program is to provide high-quality instruction to students who are seeking to continue their education and seeking initial teaching certification.
The objectives are to develop elementary, secondary and PK-12 teachers:
- Understanding of the roles and responsibilities of teachers and manage a diverse classroom
- Ability to design and implement curriculum that addresses the needs of students with special needs and linguistically/culturally diverse students
- Understanding of a variety of instructional and assessment strategies to meet diverse learners’ needs
- Confidence abilities to teach in PK-12 classroom through high-quality field experiences
OSU-Tulsa offers part-time and full-time courses with a flexible schedule at a convenient location which enables students to fit graduate school into their busy lives.
- Elementary Education (grades 1-8)
- PK-12 Art (grades PK- 12)
- Secondary English (grades 6-12)
- Secondary Mathematics (grades 6-12)
- Secondary Science (grades 6-12)
- PK-12 Foreign Language*
- Secondary Social Studies (grades 6-12)
- GPA of 3.0 in a bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Submit all official transcripts from all institutions of higher education to Graduate Student Services. In addition to uploading your transcript(s) in the online application system, please mail to: Graduate Student Services Center, 700 N. Greenwood Ave., Tulsa, OK 74106- 0700.
- Submit your resume and cover letter including educational background, professional experience, professional awards and honors, any publications, professional service and references
- Write a professional goal statement in 500 words explaining how you see this program benefiting your career and why you want to pursue a master’s degree in teaching