OSU honors Tulsa faculty with awards, appointments
Several OSU-Tulsa faculty were recognized for their achievements on Dec. 6 during the 2017 University Awards Convocation in Stillwater.
Dr. Amanda Morris, George Kaiser Family Foundation Endowed Chair in Child Development and professor of human development, was named OSU Regents Professor and finance professor Dr. Ali Nejadmalayeri was named the ONEOK Foundation Chair in Finance.
Additional honorees include:
Newly Appointed Regents Professors
- Amanda Morris, Human Development & Family Science, College of Human Sciences
President’s Cup for Creative Interdisciplinary
- Second Place
MITO Material Solutions
Dr. Ranji Vaidyanathan, co-principal investigator and OSU-Tulsa materials science and engineering professor, developed the startup company’s nanoadditive product. The nanoadditive doubles the toughness of composite materials utilized in aerospace, recreation and automotive industries.
- Third Place
Using Virtual Reality to Advance STEM Education in Oklahoma Team Leader
Dr. Ed Harris, Williams Chair of Educational Leadership and OSU-Tulsa educational leadership professor.
Merrick Foundation Teaching Award
- Ali Nejadmalayeri, finance professor, Spears School of Business, OSU-Tulsa
Spears School of Business Professorships, Chairs
- Emma Wang, Jay Helm Professorship in Business at OSU-Tulsa
- Ali Nejadmalayeri, ONEOK Foundation Chair in Finance
- Tom Stone, Carson Priority Excellence Chair in Business Administration
To view the full list of honorees, visit the OSU-Stillwater website.