Activities and Goals
- Build research infrastructure and programming so that OSU will be known as a center for neuroscience education and research, with a focus on topics relevant to Oklahoma such as adverse childhood experiences, resilience and tribal communities.
- Create neuroscience undergraduate and graduate programs and research opportunities for students.
- Foster an environment with opportunities for collaborative grant funding submissions.
- Build a common language across disciplines.
- Provide social and learning opportunities for neuroscience education and collaboration (e.g., social events, mini-conferences, three-minute research presentations).
- Create academic bridges between academic programs: bachelor's to master's/doctoral; bachelor's to medical school.
- Raise awareness in Oklahoma and beyond on the importance of understanding neural systems to prevent and treat physical and mental health problems.
- Bring recognition to OSU locally and internationally for neuroscience research and education that has broad scientific impact.