Two Saturdays: Jan. 26 and Feb. 2, 2019
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Topeca Coffee Roastery
Beginning with an introduction into the origin and characteristics of coffee and ending in the myriad of ways we imbibe our black gold, this course is an aerial view of coffee’s journey from seed to cup. This class will introduce you to Specialty Coffee, provide you with language for sensory analysis, and a teach you the essential elements of brewing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of writer’s voice.
- Identify key points of and explain the journey of coffee from seed to cup
- Understand the role of objective sensory analysis of a coffee beverage
- State six essential elements of brewing and be able to brew a single cup according to the standards outlined
- Understand some essential differences in commercial or commodity coffee and Specialty coffee
- Gain knowledge of traditional coffee drinks
Instructor: Tyler Duncan
- Enrolled OSU students earn one hour of OSU credit.
How to enroll for current OSU students
- After you meet with your academic advisor, you can enroll online at http://my.okstate.edu using CRN 30997.
How to enroll for members of the public seeking the noncredit option