College Teaching Graduate Certificate
Graduate certificates are short programs of focused study designed to meet the supplemental education needs of professionals and possibly serve as a stepping stone to a more advanced study such as a master's or doctoral degree. The graduate certificate program in college teaching consists of a 12-credit-hour program with an emphasis in pedagogical research, teaching issues, curriculum design and theory of education.
This program is designed to help current faculty and graduate teaching assistants develop and improve knowledge, skills and capabilities for successful college teaching, as well as advance their teaching adaptability, vision and philosophy in an ever-changing institution of higher education. Students gain pertinent skills in specialty areas that may facilitate career advancement and earn credit hours that go toward the Curriculum Studies Program.
OSU-Tulsa offers part-time and full-time courses with a flexible schedule at a convenient location which enables students to fit graduate school into their busy lives.
- Currently a college instructor or a graduate teaching assistant with college teaching assignment
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university
- A written professional goal statement in 250 words or less explaining your career goals and why you want to pursue a graduate certificate in college teaching
- Two professional letters of recommendation indicating the applicant's potential for successful graduate study
- A resume and cover letter should be submitted with your application including your professional background and experience
Continue Your Education With a Master's or Doctoral Degree
In addition to the graduate certificate, students can continue their education through the Curriculum Studies Program, which offers both an M.S. degree in Teaching, Learning, and Leadership with an option in Curriculum and Leadership Studies and a Ph.D. degree in Education with an option in Curriculum Studies.
For course listings, visit the OSU College of Education website.
Contact OSU-Tulsa Graduate Student Services
OSU-Tulsa Graduate Student Services
North Hall 130