Cleaning of OSU-Tulsa Facilities
OSU-Tulsa is dedicated to providing a SAFE campus experience for our students, faculty and staff:
- Social Distancing
- Enhanced Safeguards
This page outlines the enhanced safeguards OSU-Tulsa is implementing to help protect our campus community from the COVID-19 virus.
Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitization
- OSU-Tulsa's cleaning contractor, Final Touch, will continue to follow the guidance of OSU, local, and state health officials to continue with enhanced cleaning and sanitization of OSU-Tulsa's facilities.
- Housekeeping staff wear protective equipment to protect themselves and others nearby while working.
- In addition to the continual regular cleaning, Final Touch also uses EPA-approved disinfectants frequently on common touch points including door handles, push plates, push bars, elevator buttons, stair rails and light switches.
- Touch-point cleaning is performed daily in campus buildings.
HVAC System Enhancements
- OSU-Tulsa will soon install a Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization air cleaning system in each campus building, including the Temporary Library and Helmerich Research Center.
- Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization is used by major universities such as Harvard and Clemson and uses ionization to help kill pathogens in the air.
- This technology has a 99.4% kill rate for COVID-19 virus within 30 minutes and also is effective in killing MRSA, E.coli and mold spores.
- Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization continually kills pathogens in all areas where the air is circulating.
Enhanced Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Measures
- OSU-Tulsa is providing cleaning kits for campus departments.
- Masks are required for all students, faculty, staff and visitors in common areas on campus and where social distancing is not possible.
- Two washable cloth face coverings are provided for all OSU-Tulsa employees and one washable cloth face covering is available for students.
- OSU-Tulsa faculty will each be provided a plastic face shield.
- Stands for dispensing disinfectant wipes will be available at each building entrance.
- Sneeze guards will be installed in campus service locations and classrooms.
- Social distancing floor markers and interior and exterior signage will provide safety guidance for students, faculty, staff and visitors.