All OSU-Tulsa students, staff, faculty, contractors, vendors, suppliers and visitors must wear a face covering (mask) upon entering any campus building. We know that COVID-19 can be spread when people are asymptomatic, which means they do not know they are sick. Wearing face coverings has been shown to reduce the spread of COVID-19 to others.
It is important to our employees and students that OSU-Tulsa is a safe place to work and study, and taking this step creates a safe environment for all of us as advised by the CDC. As a reminder, face coverings do not replace the need to maintain social distancing, frequent hand washing and our rigorous cleaning and disinfecting routines.
OSU-Tulsa will provide two reusable cloth face coverings as needed for all OSU-Tulsa faculty and staff and one for each student taking on campus classes at OSU-Tulsa. Faculty should contact OSU-Tulsa Faculty Support Services to order their face coverings. Staff should contact their department’s director or AVP.
More information about face coverings for students will be shared prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
Please adhere to the following guidelines for face coverings:
- You may wear your own clean, well-maintained, and professional face covering from home instead of the OSU-provided covering if you choose.
- If you forget to bring a face covering to campus, one may be provided by contacting your supervisor or Tulsa Human Resources.
- In general, if social distancing is not able to be maintained, a mask should be worn.
- You must wear a face covering at all times in hallways, classrooms, public spaces and other common areas across campus where social distancing is hard to maintain.
- You must wear a face covering during in-person meetings on campus where social distancing is hard to maintain.
- Face coverings also are required outdoors if safe social distancing is not possible.
- You do not have to wear a face covering when alone in a private office or area.
- Visitors, contractors, suppliers and vendors may be provided a face covering if they do not have one.
- Fabric masks should be washed and fully dried as needed.
- Face coverings will be required for all riders of BOB, the Big Orange Bus.
The face covering, when worn by others, protects you while your face covering protects others near you. Wearing face coverings/masks helps prevent all of us from unknowingly spreading the COVID-19 virus to others.
Faculty or staff with any questions, accommodation requests due to medical reasons or other personal reasons should be directed to Tina Tappana, director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.