Center for Poets and Writers Workshops
Tell your stories. Start writing a novel. Try a new poetry genre. The Center for Poets and Writers at OSU-Tulsa has a noncredit workshop led by an award-winning creative professional to guide you to achieving any of these goals.
Register online using the links below. A limited number of scholarships are also available for participants with financial need. For questions or more information about the workshops, email email@example.com.
Winter 2020-21 Online Workshop Series
Our Winter 2020-21 Online Workshops Series will be available in our online marketplace soon!
- Beginning Creative Writing
- Writing and Racial Healing
- Motion Picture Storytelling
- Writing for the Screen
- Intro to Memoir
- Building Characters from the Ground Up
- Introduction to Poetry
- How to Write a Novel in a Month (NaNoWriMo Kickstart)
- How to Start Your Novel
Workshop Registration Policies
- Workshop registration is available online through the Center for Poets and Writers at OSU-Tulsa website or by mail. No registrations will be accepted over the phone or email.
- Payments for workshops must be by credit card for online registrations or check/money order for mail-in registrations. No cash will be accepted.
- If the workshop you would like to register for is full at the time you try to register, please sign up for the waiting list via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified by email if a space opens up in the workshop.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to register for a workshop.
- You will receive an email receipt when your payment has been received.
- Registration is open until the workshop is filled or until three days before the first session.
- The Center for Poets and Writers at OSU-Tulsa reserves the right to limit the number of multi-week workshops for which participants may register per session. The Center also reserves the right to cancel a workshop in the minimum enrollment is not met.
- Workshops may include short in-class writing exercises and outside reading assignments. Participants are expected to read and write comments about each other’s written pieces. Prior creative writing experience is not needed unless otherwise specified.
- We are happy to accommodate the needs of participants with disabilities. Please email email@example.com for assistance.
To cancel your registration and receive a partial refund, you must call 918-594-8215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 business days prior to the beginning of the workshop.
Please note that a cancellation fee of $130 for Multi-Week Workshops and $50 for weekend seminars will be deducted from the amount you are reimbursed. NO refunds will be given after the 10-day deadline for cancellation.
These policies are subject to change at any time without notice.