Center for Poets and Writers Workshops
Tell your stories. Start writing a novel. Try a new poetry genre. The Center for Poets and Writers at OSU-Tulsa has a noncredit workshop led by an award-winning creative professional to guide you to achieving any of these goals.
Register online using the links below. A limited number of scholarships are also available for participants with financial need. For questions or more information about the workshops, email email@example.com.
Fall 2021 Online Workshop Series
Our Fall 2021 Online Workshops Series are available in our online marketplace! These workshops are non-credit and open to the public. Participants must be 18 or older to register.
Oct. 13 Writing for the Screen
Taught by Zack Litwack, this 6-week workshop introduces participants to the basics of writing a short screenplay including formatting. dramatic structure, character development and thematic impact. Screenwriters from all experience levels are welcome to attend!
Oct. 18 Resume Storytelling
Taught by Saira Nadeem, this two-hour workshop will help you improve your resume by learning ways to summarize your experience and weaving your personal narrative into every line.
Oct. 23 Start Your Novel
Taught by Nathan Knapp, this two-hour workshop will help you start a novel that you want to keep writing. Participants will examine successful novel openings and discuss strategies for getting their own novel started.
Oct. 26 Young Adult Fiction
Taught by Saira Nadeem.
Workshop Registration Policies
- Workshop registration is available online through the Center for Poets and Writers at OSU-Tulsa website or by mail. No registrations will be accepted over the phone or email.
- Payments for workshops must be by credit card for online registrations or check/money order for mail-in registrations. No cash will be accepted.
- If the workshop you would like to register for is full at the time you try to register, please sign up for the waiting list via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified by email if a space opens up in the workshop.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to register for a workshop.
- You will receive an email receipt when your payment has been received.
- Registration is open until the workshop is filled or until three days before the first session.
- The Center for Poets and Writers at OSU-Tulsa reserves the right to limit the number of multi-week workshops for which participants may register per session. The Center also reserves the right to cancel a workshop in the minimum enrollment is not met.
- Workshops may include short in-class writing exercises and outside reading assignments. Participants are expected to read and write comments about each other’s written pieces. Prior creative writing experience is not needed unless otherwise specified.
- We are happy to accommodate the needs of participants with disabilities. Please email email@example.com for assistance.
To cancel your registration and receive a partial refund, you must call 918-594-8215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 business days prior to the beginning of the workshop.
Please note that a cancellation fee of $130 for Multi-Week Workshops and $50 for weekend seminars will be deducted from the amount you are reimbursed. NO refunds will be given after the 10-day deadline for cancellation.
These policies are subject to change at any time without notice.