Paying for Books
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the concerns for the health and safety of our guests and campus community, our OSU-Tulsa staff is working remotely. We want to assist you and will continue to work to meet your needs by email, telephone or virtual appointment. Visit this web page for the most up-to-date service information and to make an appointment.
OSU-Tulsa has several convenient ways for you to pay for your textbooks. Aside from cash, check or credit card, you can charge up to $1,500 per semester to your Bursar account for textbooks purchased at the University Store. OSU-Tulsa students order their textbooks online through ShopOKState.com and can have them delivered free of charge to the OSU-Tulsa Information Center for pickup in 1-2 business days.
What are the guidelines?
- Must be enrolled in the current academic term.
- Must present your OSU ID.
- May charge your Bursar account for textbooks and other academic-related materials.
- Your Bursar account must be in good standing.
- Textbook charges must be paid in full to the Bursar by the end of each semester.
- If you are purchasing your textbooks online and meet the requirements for charging, the bursar charge button will automatically be displayed as an option at checkout.
What if my employer or another third party reimburses me for my textbooks?
- If a third party provides reimbursement, students must keep their receipts to accompany reimbursement requests.
Textbook and Supply Purchases for Veterans with Tax-Exempt Status
Student veterans with tax-exempt status and supply allowances may purchase textbooks and supplies on http://shopokstate.com and have them delivered free of charge to OSU-Tulsa Information Center or pay to ship to their home. The tips below will help the process go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- Before you begin shopping, email a copy of your tax exempt documentation (1905) to email@example.com. This will alert University Store personnel that your order will be incoming and help speed processing of your order. To help speed up order processing, you can also call 405-744-2612 to inform University Store personnel to watch for your order.
- Add Items to your cart at shopokstate.com and proceed through checkout with tax. For fastest service, purchase supplies and textbooks separately. You must charge items to your bursar account.
- At checkout, include a comment in the 'Order Notes' section that you are a veteran and have tax exempt status. If you called and spoke with a University Store employee or have already emailed, please note that as well.
- After verifying your tax exempt documentation, the University store will remove the tax from the order before processing. Your account will not be charged until the tax has been removed.
*Students who forget to or send in their paperwork late (after placing their order), run the change of taxes getting posted to their account.
OSU-Tulsa students with questions about this process or needing assistance should contact Travis McBride at 918-594-8252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do I have to pay my bursar account?
Bursar payments are due on the 15th of each month. However, payment option plans are available as an alternative to the traditional lump-sum payment method.
- Sept. 15 - Deadline to enroll in a payment plan for Fall semester
- Feb. 15 - Deadline to enroll in a payment plan for Spring semester
- June 15 - Deadline to enroll in a payment plan for Summer semester