Graduation Steps for OSU-Tulsa Graduate Students
If you would like your name to appear in the commencement ceremony program, diploma applications must be submitted by:
- April 1 (for spring and summer graduates)
- Nov. 1 (for fall graduates - ceremony in Stillwater only)
- Submit a final Plan of Study for committee in GC Roundup by deadline date for semester of graduation.
- Submit Graduation Clearance Form in GC Roundup by deadline date for semester of graduation.
- File Graduation Application, which will become available only after your Graduation Clearance Form has been processed and approved.
- Login to the my.okstate.edu portal
- Navigate to the form: Self Service | Student | Student Records | Apply to Graduate
- Complete all information requested and submit
Graduation applications will be accepted until Friday of finals week for the semester you intend to earn your degree; the April 1 and Nov. 1 dates apply if you wish for your name to appear in the commencement program.
- Obtain commencement information. OSU-Tulsa holds its graduation ceremony in spring of each year. OSU Stillwater holds commencement exercises in fall and spring.
- RSVP for OSU-Tulsa's spring graduation ceremony by April 1.
Students who wish to participate in OSU-Tulsa's spring commencement ceremony should RSVP online by April 1. Fall commencement is held on the Stillwater campus.
- Purchase caps, gowns, invitations and other regalia by visiting the OSU-Tulsa graduation website. You may also purchase these items during the OSU-Tulsa Graduation Fair. Information about the Graduation Fair will be provided on the OSU-Tulsa graduation website.
- Financial aid students only—Contact the OSU-Tulsa Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for information about loan exit counseling and other procedures pertaining to repayment status.
Additional Required Steps for Students Completing a Thesis or Dissertation
See the Graduate College Academic Calendar for important deadline dates for submitting the following items in GC Roundup.
- Guide to Graduation and Format Review for Thesis/Dissertation Students (mandatory)
- Oral Defense Form
Complete online submission of thesis/dissertation and submit paper copy of Thesis or Dissertation Signature Approval Page to the Graduate College at 202 Whitehurst by deadline date for semester of graduation.
Doctoral students only—Admission to Doctoral Candidacy Form (Students must be in candidacy for a minimum of six months before graduation.)
Doctoral students only—Complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates. Instructions will be provided via email after your oral defense.
Important Deadline Dates for Graduate Students
Please be aware of minimum enrollment requirements and deadline dates to be met in order to graduate.
These steps represent the general requirements of all graduating students in the Graduate College. Students should also contact their departments for further departmental requirements, if applicable. In addition, students should be sure that any outstanding bursar balances are paid to avoid delays in issuing diplomas upon graduation.