The bachelor of science in business administration program in international business provides a fundamental understanding of the global business environment and develops decision-making capabilities in the international setting. It spans cultures, economic conditions, political and legal systems and competitive climates. The program gives students a broad, comprehensive business education and specific international business courses, international environment courses, modest foreign language competency and a minor field in any business field. Students are encouraged to seek study-abroad opportunities and other avenues for expanding their cross-cultural understanding.
OSU-Tulsa is downtown Tulsa's public comprehensive research university, offering junior- and senior-level classes with flexible schedules designed for working adults. OSU-Tulsa students are OSU students, which means your degree is an Oklahoma State University degree -- the same degree students in Stillwater receive. Students generally transfer to OSU-Tulsa with an associate's degree or at least 45 credit hours from another institution. The majority of our students take their first two years at Tulsa Community College or another local two- or four-year school, but students have transferred to OSU-Tulsa from colleges and universities across the country.
- 45 hours must be upper-division.
- A 2.0 overall and major GPA are required for graduation.
- At least: 60 hours at a four-year institution; 30 hours completed at OSU; 15 of the final 30 and 50% of the upper-division hours in the major field completed at OSU. Limit of: one-half of major course requirements as transfer work; one-fourth of hours earned by correspondence; eight transfer correspondence hours.
*course availability varies by semester
Fundamentals of Management
Legal Aspects of International Business Transactions
Evening, hybrid and online courses make it easy for students to pursue a degree while working.
How Much Will it Cost?
OSU is one of the best values in the Big 12 and has lower tuition and fees than many Tulsa-area schools and online-only institutions. Students taking 15 credit hours (full time) will pay approximately $5,231.25 per semester in tuition and fees and an estimated $630 for books and supplies. (Estimates based on 2017-2018 tuition and fee charges. Books and supplies will vary based on classes taken each semester.) OSU-Tulsa offers financial aid, scholarships and tuition waivers, with several dedicated specifically to transfer students.
Possible options for International Business majors include:
- OSU-Tulsa Transfer Tuition Waiver Scholarship or Regents Distinguished Transfer Waiver Scholarship
- Dunbar Family OSU-Tulsa Scholarship
- OSU-Tulsa President's Distinguished Scholarship
Contact the OSU-Tulsa Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to learn more.
How Long will it Take?
Use this chart below to see how long it will take you to complete your bachelor’s degree at OSU-Tulsa if you transfer with 60 credit hours from your two-year institution. If you transfer with fewer than 60 credit hours, the number of semesters will increase accordingly.
|Credit Hours/Semester||Semesters (est.)|
- Border Security Agent
- International Buyer/Broker
- Transportation & Shipping Coordinator
- Foreign service officer
- Purchasing agent
- Import/export coordinator
- Foreign exchange trader
- Trade specialist
- Product manager
- Policy analyst
- Human resources manager
- Marketing manager
Some of these careers may require extra training or education.
- Government agencies
- International Banks
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Insurance companies
- Multinational Corporations
- Consulting firms
- Telecommunications companies
General Business graduates often continue their education by pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree or graduate certificate. Related graduate programs available at OSU-Tulsa include:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Business Sustainability Graduate Certificate
- Business Data Mining Graduate Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate
Human Resource Management Graduate Certificate
Information Assurance Graduate Certificate
Marketing Analytics Graduate Certificate
Non-Profit Management Graduate Certificate
Contact OSU-Tulsa Prospective Student Services
North Hall 130