The undergraduate finance curriculum provides students the fundamental tools of financial analysis, as well as a broad understanding of the financial aspects of their decisions and actions. Students develop elementary mathematical and statistical skills and study economics, accounting and business administration. The finance program should prepare students for positions that require special understanding of financial analysis, financial management and financial systems in a wide variety of organizations.
OSU-Tulsa is downtown Tulsa's public comprehensive research university, offering junior- and senior-level classes with flexible schedules designed for working adults. OSU-Tulsa students are OSU students, which means your degree is an Oklahoma State University degree -- the same degree students in Stillwater receive. Students generally transfer to OSU-Tulsa with an associate's degree or at least 45 credit hours from another institution. The majority of our students take their first two years at Tulsa Community College or another local two- or four-year school, but students have transferred to OSU-Tulsa from colleges and universities across the country.
- OSU-Tulsa Transfer Map major map
- 2016-17 TCC to OSU course map
- 2017-18 TCC to OSU course map
- 2018-19 TCC to OSU course map
- 2019-20 TCC to OSU course map
- 2020-21 TCC to OSU course map
- 2021-22 TCC to OSU course map
- 2022-23 TCC to OSU course map
- 45 hours must be upper-division.
- A 2.00 overall and major GPA are required for graduation.
- At least: 60 hours at a four-year institution; 30 hours completed at OSU; 15 of the final 30 and 50% of the upper-division hours in the major field completed at OSU. Limit of: one-half of major course requirements as transfer work; one-fourth of hours earned by correspondence; eight transfer correspondence hours.
*course availability varies by semester
Futures and Options
Student Managed Investment Fund
Evening, hybrid and online courses make it easy for students to pursue a degree while working.
How Much Will it Cost?
OSU is one of the best values in the Big 12 and has lower tuition and fees than many Tulsa-area schools and online-only institutions. Students taking 15 credit hours (full time) will pay approximately $5,231.25 per semester in tuition and fees and an estimated $630 for books and supplies. (Estimates based on 2017-2018 tuition and fee charges. Books and supplies will vary based on classes taken each semester.) OSU-Tulsa offers financial aid, scholarships and tuition waivers, with several dedicated specifically to transfer students.
OSU Tuition and Fees Estimator
Possible options for Finance majors include:
- OSU-Tulsa Transfer Tuition Waiver Scholarship or Regents Distinguished Transfer Waiver Scholarship
- Dunbar Family OSU-Tulsa Scholarship
- OSU-Tulsa President's Distinguished Scholarship
Contact the OSU-Tulsa Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to learn more.
How Long will it Take?
Use this chart below to see how long it will take you to complete your bachelor’s degree at OSU-Tulsa if you transfer with 60 credit hours from your two-year institution. If you transfer with fewer than 60 credit hours, the number of semesters will increase accordingly.
|Credit Hours/Semester||Semesters (est.)|
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Examiner
- Credit Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Financial Specialist
- Risk Manager
- Loan Officer
- Securities Analyst
- Account Executive
- Financial Planner
- Insurance Underwriter
Some of these careers may require extra training or education.
- Federal, state, tribal and local government
- Utility companies
- Accounting firms
- Money management firms
- Private equity firms
- Real estate companies
- Financial technology institutions
- Hotels • Insurance companies
- Stock brokers • Manufacturers
- Telecommunications companies
Finance graduates often continue their education by pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree or graduate certificate. Related graduate programs available at OSU-Tulsa include:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Business Sustainability Graduate Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate
Human Resource Management Graduate Certificate
Information Assurance Graduate Certificate
Marketing Analytics Graduate Certificate
Non-Profit Management Graduate Certificate
Reach Higher: DirectComplete
The Finance program at OSU-Tulsa is part of the Reach Higher: DirectComplete initiative, which helps adult returning college students complete a bachelor's degree in an in-demand occupation. If you are age 25-49 and have an annual income below $75,000, learn more about Reach Higher: DirectComplete and request information about the program.
Contact OSU-Tulsa Prospective Student Services
North Hall 130