Emergency Aid Scholarship Program
If you have an emergency expense you can’t afford and it’s keeping you from continuing your education, you may be eligible for an OSU-Tulsa Emergency Aid Scholarship.
We extend a heartfelt thanks to our donor, who has made special exceptions to the normal requirements for this scholarship through September 2020 in order to help students affected by COVID-19.
COVID-19 Pandemic Special Exceptions
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following exceptions will be made to the stated eligibility requirements, payment criteria and approved expenses through September 2020.
- Maximum payment up to $1,500
- Students may be eligible for a second award if they have previously received an Emergency Aid Scholarship
- Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to the following: Internet, cell phone, TV, car payments, car repairs, rent, utilities, medical expenses and prescriptions.
- Ineligible expenses include, but are not limited to the following: Tuition and fees, legal fees, parking tickets or bail
- Undergraduate student at OSU-Tulsa who has completed 60 credit hours
- 2.5 or higher GPA
- Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at OSU with at least 3 credit hours at OSU-Tulsa and will be enrolling in 6 credit hours at OSU with at least 3 credit hours at OSU-Tulsa the following semester unless fewer hours are required to complete degree program
- Exhibit high level of financial need based on FAFSA with an estimated family contribution (EFC) of $10,000 or less or demonstrated financial need based on documented income reduction such as job loss, layoff, or reduced hours of work schedule. OSU-Tulsa My Dream and Pathways Scholarship recipients are eligible for this program.
To be considered:
- Fill out the OSU-Tulsa Emergency Aid Program Application.
- Provide documentation of the non-academic financial emergency the student needs paid.
Approved Scholarship Information - Currently exempted due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Essential living expenses
- Child care
- Utility bills
- Auto repair
- Other hardships
- Legal fees, parking tickets or bail
- Cell phone
- Cable TV
- A bill owed to OSU or other university
You must meet specific criteria to qualify for an Emergency Aid Scholarship (currently modified due to COVID-19 pandemic):
- Completion of at least 80 credit hours or be within four semesters of graduation.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be a currently enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at OSU-Tulsa as an undergraduate student.
- A demonstrated high level of financial need, defined as an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) less than $7,000.
- A current year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file.
Having trouble viewing the application below? Click to open it in a new window.
OSU-Tulsa Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
North Hall 130