Emergency Aid Scholarship Program
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the concerns for the health and safety of our guests and campus community, our OSU-Tulsa staff is working remotely. We want to assist you and will continue to work to meet your needs by email, telephone or virtual appointment. Visit this web page for the most up-to-date service information and to make an appointment.
If you have an emergency expense you can’t afford and it’s keeping you from continuing your education, you may be eligible for an OSU-Tulsa Emergency Aid Scholarship.
We extend a heartfelt thanks to our donor, who has made special exceptions to the normal requirements for this scholarship through September 2020 in order to help students affected by COVID-19.
COVID-19 Pandemic Special Exceptions
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following exceptions will be made to the stated eligibility requirements, payment criteria and approved expenses through September 2020.
- Maximum payment up to $1,500
- Students may be eligible for a second award if they have previously received an Emergency Aid Scholarship
- Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to the following: Internet, cell phone, TV, car payments, car repairs, rent, utilities, medical expenses and prescriptions.
- Ineligible expenses include, but are not limited to the following: Tuition and fees, legal fees, parking tickets or bail
- Undergraduate student at OSU-Tulsa who has completed 60 credit hours
- 2.5 or higher GPA
- Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at OSU with at least 3 credit hours at OSU-Tulsa and will be enrolling in 6 credit hours at OSU with at least 3 credit hours at OSU-Tulsa the following semester unless fewer hours are required to complete degree program
- Exhibit high level of financial need based on FAFSA with an estimated family contribution (EFC) of $10,000 or less or demonstrated financial need based on documented income reduction such as job loss, layoff, or reduced hours of work schedule. OSU-Tulsa My Dream and Pathways Scholarship recipients are eligible for this program.
To be considered:
- Fill out the OSU-Tulsa Emergency Aid Program Application.
- Provide documentation of the non-academic financial emergency the student needs paid.
Approved Scholarship Information - Currently exempted due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Essential living expenses
- Child care
- Utility bills
- Auto repair
- Other hardships
- Legal fees, parking tickets or bail
- Cell phone
- Cable TV
- A bill owed to OSU or other university
You must meet specific criteria to qualify for an Emergency Aid Scholarship (currently modified due to COVID-19 pandemic):
- Completion of at least 80 credit hours or be within four semesters of graduation.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be a currently enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at OSU-Tulsa as an undergraduate student.
- A demonstrated high level of financial need, defined as an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) less than $7,000.
- A current year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file.
Having trouble viewing the application below? Click to open it in a new window.
OSU-Tulsa Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
North Hall 130