Skip Navigation

Future Students FAQ

We're here to help.

As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the concerns for the health and safety of our guests and campus community, our OSU-Tulsa staff is working remotely. We want to assist you and will continue to work to meet your needs by email, telephone or virtual appointment.​ Visit this web page for the most up-to-date service information and to make an appointment.

Degrees and Classes

What degrees are offered at OSU-Tulsa?

OSU-Tulsa offers junior- and senior-level courses for approximately 20 different bachelor's degrees you can complete in Tulsa. For a list, please check out our degree programs page


What if I don't see the degree I want listed?

Contact Academic Advising to see if some of the courses for your area of interest might be available on the tulsa campus. You can complete available courses in Tulsa and take the rest through our Stillwater campus or online.


Does OSU offer online classes or degrees?

Yes. For a complete list of online classes and degrees, you can visit out OCampus webpage.


What time of day are classes offered?

Our onsite classes are a mixture of daytime and evening classes. However, the majority are offered in the late afternoon and evening hours. Some courses are offered in a hybrid format, which combines online instruction with a limited number of class meetings each semester. For more information on class offerings, see our class schedule.


How much does it cost to attend?

For the most current cost information, check out our Tuition and Fees webpage.


How do I know what classes OSU wants me to take before transferring?

You can view our transfer credit guides to see how some courses will transfer from your previous institution, but we encourage you to meet with an OSU academic advisor for a more comprehensive view of where you stand and what you need. You may call Advisement Services at 918-594-8271 to arrange a time to meet with an academic counselor.



Admission and Enrollment

How do I apply for admission to OSU?

You apply for undergraduate admission on the OSU website. Submit an official transcript from each college you have attended, dated within the last three months, and a $40 application fee. Once OSU has these materials, we will process your admission application. If any additional documents are needed to process your application, the Admissions office will contact you regarding these items. 


What are the requirements for transfer admissions?

For completion of 24-59 college credit hours, a 2.25 GPA is required for Tulsa or Stillwater (Tulsa campus offers only junior- and senior-level courses). A 2.0 GPA (Tulsa or Stillwater) is required with completion of 60+ college credit hours or completion of an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science. Students who don't meet transfer admission requirements but feel their past academic performance is not indicative of their ability to succeed in college can submit a petition for admission on probation.

Transfer probation petitions must be submitted by noon the Thursday before the start of the term for which you have applied. Once your petition has been evaluated, you will be notified of the admission decision as soon as possible. If you have questions about the petition process, contact our Admissions office at 918-594-8020.


Do I have to apply to OSU-Stillwater and OSU-Tulsa separately?

No. The application is the same and admission allows you to take classes at either campus as long as the degree is available and the courses are offered at both campuses. When completing the application, you will be asked to indicate a primary campus.


What is the deadline to apply for admission?

There is no deadline for admission, but it is recommended that you apply and submit all required materials approximately four to six weeks prior to attempting to enroll or prior to the start of the semester. If you will need financial aid to attend OSU, you should allow additional time to process admission materials as well as the results of your financial aid application. A late enrollment fee of $50 will be charged to all students who enroll after classes begin. Please refer to the Academic Calendars for dates. If you wish to have priority consideration for scholarships, a completed admission application and all required documents must be submitted by Feb. 1 for the fall semester or Oct. 15 for the spring semester.


How does OSU get my transcript from another college or university? Do I have to do anything?

Students must request an official transcript be sent from each school they have attended. You can either have the school mail the transcript to us or obtain an official copy from each school and deliver it to OSU. OSU cannot request transcripts on a student’s behalf. If mailing a transcript, have it sent to: 

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
700 N Greenwood Ave
Tulsa, OK 74106


How is residency determined?

Residency status is determined by our Undergraduate Admissions staff from information on your application. The decision is made according to the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education residency policies. If you have questions about residency, feel free to contact us at 918-594-8020 or


When can I enroll in my classes?

Any individual desiring to enroll must first be admitted to Oklahoma State University. Undergraduate applicants can apply online. Once a student is admitted, the student must make an appointment to see their academic advisor. During each semester’s advising appointment you will discuss academic goals, make a plan to achieve those goals and discuss class offerings to help reach those goals. OSU requires academic advising each semester prior to enrolling in classes. To make an advising appointment, call 918-594-8271 or visit the Advisement Services website for information. Please refer to the Academic Calendars for specific enrollment dates.


Do I have to see an academic advisor before I enroll in my classes?

Yes. Academic advisement is mandatory. We want to ensure that you stay on track with your degree and discuss program and class options that may not be obvious, so OSU requires you to meet with your advisor each semester prior to enrollment. To schedule an appointment call 918-594-8271 or visit the Advisement Services website for information.


How do I meet with an academic advisor?

Contact Advisement Services at 918-594-8271 to set up your appointment. Advisors are assigned by academic majors. If you don’t know what your major will be, Advisement Services can assist in choosing the right major for you. 


How many hours will it take to complete my degree from OSU?

The hours left for your degree depend on many factors and the answer can be different for each student. However, if you previously have not had any credit hours from a four-year school, you will have a minimum of 60 credit hours left to complete your bachelor’s degree from OSU. You will need to visit with an academic advisor to answer this question. Check out our webpage for a list of the OSU undergraduate degree requirements


Can I take classes from the Tulsa and Stillwater campuses at the same time?

Students are admitted to both the Tulsa and Stillwater campuses with the completion of the admission application. You can take classes interchangeably between the campuses so long as they are applicable to the degree sought. Each semester several hundred students attend classes at both campuses. 


Does OSU provide transportation between the Tulsa and Stillwater campuses?

B.O.B., OSU's Big Orange Bus, is a shuttle service between the Stillwater and Tulsa campuses. The shuttle makes nine trips daily from each campus Monday through Thursday and seven trips daily on Friday. It is open to OSU students, faculty, staff and the general public. One-way trips for students cost $7.50. The cost is $13 per one-way trip for all other passengers. 
Advanced reservations are required to ride BOB and you will need to show your student ID. Check out our website for up-to-date pricing and schedules.



Scholarships and Financial Aid

How do I apply for new student scholarships?

Simply fill out the Undergraduate Admission application and select Tulsa as the campus you plan to attend. OSU-Tulsa will consider you for all possible transfer scholarship opportunities for which you are eligible. We encourage you to apply by Feb. 1 to meet the priority consideration deadline for summer and fall terms or by Oct. 15 for the spring term. Contact your OSU financial aid advisor and your OSU academic advisor to discuss other scholarship opportunities. 


How do I apply for financial aid?

To start the process and determine your eligibility for various federal and state financial aid programs, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Be sure to include OSU’s school code 003170 so that we will receive your information. Review the OSU apply for aid webpage for details and tips to facilitate the processing and awarding of your financial aid. You will need to be admitted to OSU for us to process an award for you. You are strongly encouraged to meet with a financial aid counselor to discuss your specific needs and to learn about various grant, work-study and loan programs.


Can I attend more than one college or university at a time?

Each semester, many students attend OSU-Tulsa and an additional college at the same time. 

If you use financial aid to help pay for your classes, be advised that you can receive federal aid from only one institution during a semester. When taking courses at a second institution that will apply toward your OSU degree, you may be eligible to receive your aid from OSU. We can provide financial aid based on the total combined approved hours for which you are enrolled each semester. Please visit with an OSU Financial Aid counselor to determine your eligibility and to learn how the process works.


Can I get my financial aid to cover attending multiple schools in one semester?

Yes. If the courses are required for your OSU degree and your OSU academic advisor approves the courses, you may request a consortium agreement. A consortium agreement is only permitted if you are not eligible to receive financial aid through the other institution. A consortium agreement is only permissible for an eligible OSU degree-seeking student with a declared major. You must first complete the FAFSA and include the OSU school code (003170). Then contact your OSU academic advisor and your OSU financial aid advisor to complete the appropriate process; it may vary with each institution.


Where can I get help with veteran benefit services?

The Veteran Benefit Services unit of the Office of the Registrar is committed to providing the best possible services and programs to the veterans and their dependents who attend OSU. Our VA representatives are located on the Stillwater campus, but the financial aid staff in Tulsa can assist you with forwarding documents. Ashley Lorenz is the Tulsa campus contact and she may be reached at 918-594-8104 or


Student Services and Campus Life

Does OSU-Tulsa offer on-campus housing?

At this time, we do not provide on-campus housing. However there are many living options within a few miles of campus. Some of these locations will provide discounts to OSU students. Additionally, we are located right off I-244, which creates easy access to the campus from a variety of locations.


What are the office hours of Prospective Student Services?

With the exception of a few limited occasions, we are open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you have questions outside of our business hours, please email us at and we will respond within two business days.


Where is OSU-Tulsa located?

OSU-Tulsa is located in downtown Tulsa adjacent to the Brady Arts and Blue Dome Entertainment Districts. Our campus is located at I-244 and Detroit Avenue, which is directly north of ONEOK Field. Our address is 700 N. Greenwood Ave., Tulsa, OK 74106. Visit our website for a campus map and driving directions.