Tips for Riding BOB
The BOB operates when school is in session during the normal Spring and Fall semesters with a limited schedule during the Summer semester. Schedules and Departure Times are available at the Information Center in North Hall at OSU-Tulsa, the Tulsa Shuttle office in the Bus Terminal at OSU Stillwater or online at parking.okstate.edu.
- Reservations must be made prior to boarding
Reservations can be made at shuttle.okstate.edu.
In-person reservations can be made at OSU-Tulsa Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.-6 p.m. and Fridays 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. in North Hall at the Information Center (918-594-8332) or at OSU-Stillwater Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Transportation Terminal (405-744-7100). OSU-Stillwater is the only location set up to receive cash and credit card payments. At OSU-Tulsa, passengers who pay cash or credit must first visit the OSU-Tulsa Bursar office, pay for their trip and bring the issued receipt to the Information Desk to finalize their reservation.
- Arrive early
Boarding begins 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. If a passenger leaves the BOB after checking in, the BOB operator is not required to wait for their return before leaving.
- Passengers with disabilities must inform the BOB representative of any special accommodations needed 24 hours prior to departure time
This will insure the BOB is able to accommodate the passenger’s needs.
- The BOB leaves precisely at scheduled departure times
If a passenger misses the BOB, a refund will not be issued.
- Use the restroom before boarding
The restroom aboard the BOB is not operational.
- An OSU ID (students) or valid ID (guests) is required to ride the bus
OSU policy requires that students show a valid OSU ID when riding the BOB to qualify for the student rate of $7.50.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the BOB
Re-sealable bottles are allowed at the bus operator’s discretion.
- Stow luggage and large backpacks in the cargo bays
Space aboard the BOB is limited. Depending on ridership, passengers will not always have the seat next to them available.
- The BOB loads and unloads at specific locations
The BOB loads/unloads in Tulsa next to Lot A on Greenwood Ave and in Stillwater at the Bus Terminal located on the Northeast corner of Monroe and Hall of Fame. Students will not be allowed to load/unload at any other location.
- Be courteous to other passengers
Headphones are required for passengers listening to music players or watching movies on their PC or tablet. Abusive language and behavior will not be tolerated. Passengers who are abusive will be removed from the BOB without refund. Abusive passengers will also lose riding privileges.
- Throw your trash away
A trash can is located at the front of the bus. OSU BOB does not employ any bus cleaners; therefore, the buses are maintained by the bus operators.
- Bursar Holds
OSU students can charge their BOB reservations to their Bursar. However, if a student has a bursar hold, other forms of payment will be required to make further reservations until the hold has been removed and clears the reservation system.
- Inclement Weather
If a campus should close due to inclement weather, it will be posted on the OSU-Tulsa website or safety.okstate.edu for OSU Stillwater. Passengers should also monitor the OSU BOB Facebook page at www.facebook.com/okstatebob for trip cancelations and other important information.
- Cancellation Policy:
(Effective Jan. 1, 2014, All Cancellations must be processed online or at OSU-Stillwater.)
- BOB reservation can be cancelled and refunds issued as long as the cancellation is done 24 hours prior to the scheduled trip departure time.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the trip departure time are not allowed.
- Passengers are allowed to reschedule a departure time if done so before the original departure time. Rescheduling only changes the departure time; it does not change the trip destination.