The bachelor of science in business administration program in general business gives students a broad, comprehensive business education, preparing them for employment in a wide range of administrative positions in private business, government or non-profit organizations. The scope of their educational experience enables these graduates to assume management positions in organizations of varying sizes and ranges of operations. The program provides a high degree of individual student choice and includes work in each of the business disciplines. A pre-law option is available.
OSU-Tulsa is downtown Tulsa's public comprehensive research university, offering junior- and senior-level classes with flexible schedules designed for working adults. OSU-Tulsa students are OSU students, which means your degree is an Oklahoma State University degree -- the same degree students in Stillwater receive. Students generally transfer to OSU-Tulsa with an associate's degree or at least 45 credit hours from another institution. The majority of our students take their first two years at Tulsa Community College or another local two- or four-year school, but students have transferred to OSU-Tulsa from colleges and universities across the country.
- OSU-Tulsa Transfer Map major map
- 2016-17 TCC to OSU course map
- 2017-18 TCC to OSU course map
- 2017-18 Pre-Law option TCC to OSU course map
- 2022-23 TCC to OSU course map
- 2022-23 Pre-Law option TCC to OSU course map
Additional Degree Options Available at OSU-Tulsa
- 45 hours must be upper-division.
- A 2.00 overall and major GPA are required for graduation.
- At least: 60 hours at a four-year institution; 30 hours completed at OSU; 15 of the final 30 and 50% of the upper-division hours in the major field completed at OSU. Limit of: one-half of major course requirements as transfer work; one-fourth of hours earned by correspondence; eight transfer correspondence hours.
*course availability varies by semester
Fundamentals of Management
Evening, hybrid and online courses make it easy for students to pursue a degree while working.
How Much Will it Cost?
OSU is one of the best values in the Big 12 and has lower tuition and fees than many Tulsa-area schools and online-only institutions. Students taking 15 credit hours (full time) will pay approximately $5,231.25 per semester in tuition and fees and an estimated $630 for books and supplies. (Estimates based on 2017-2018 tuition and fee charges. Books and supplies will vary based on classes taken each semester.) OSU-Tulsa offers financial aid, scholarships and tuition waivers, with several dedicated specifically to transfer students.
Possible options for General Business majors include:
- OSU-Tulsa Transfer Tuition Waiver Scholarship or Regents Distinguished Transfer Waiver Scholarship
- Dunbar Family OSU-Tulsa Scholarship
- OSU-Tulsa President's Distinguished Scholarship
Contact the OSU-Tulsa Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to learn more.
How Long will it Take?
Use this chart below to see how long it will take you to complete your bachelor’s degree at OSU-Tulsa if you transfer with 60 credit hours from your two-year institution. If you transfer with fewer than 60 credit hours, the number of semesters will increase accordingly.
|Credit Hours/Semester||Semesters (est.)|
- Account representative
- Business owner
- Benefits manager
- Branch manager
- Operations manager
- Credit analyst
- Entertainment agent
- Employment counselor
- Hotel manager
- Bank manager
- Job analyst
- Sales manager
- Payroll officer
- Personnel recruiter
- Quality control officer
- Sports marketer
- Distribution manager
Some of these careers may require extra training or education.
- Federal, state and tribal agencies
- Insurance companies
- Consulting firms
- Hospitals and health care providers
- Higher education
- Utility companies
- Telecommunications companies
General Business graduates often continue their education by pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree or graduate certificate. Related graduate programs available at OSU-Tulsa include:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Business Sustainability Graduate Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate
Human Resource Management Graduate Certificate
Information Assurance Graduate Certificate
Marketing Analytics Graduate Certificate
Non-Profit Management Graduate Certificate
Contact OSU-Tulsa Prospective Student Services
North Hall 130