Graduation Ceremony Information
2021 OSU-Tulsa Graduation Ceremony
- Gates open: 5 p.m. Student processional starts promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- Spring and summer 2021 degree candidates and class of 2020 graduates must register in advance to attend OSU-Tulsa’s graduation. This registration is separate from the OSU Stillwater commencement ceremonies.
- Share your messages of celebration or congratulations using #OSUTulsaGrad on Instagram and Twitter. We’ll show messages on the scoreboard at ONEOK Field during the ceremony. (You can also view the social media wall here.)
- Ceremony will also be streamed live on OStateTV.
Where to Park
- Free parking is available on the OSU-Tulsa campus, a short walk from ONEOK Field. (Walking Map)
- Metered parking spots on the street downtown are usually free after 5 p.m.
- There are also many paid parking lots within close walking distance of ONEOK Field.
- Ceremony attendees are subject to ONEOK Field’s rules and regulations.
- All bags entering ONEOK Field are subject to inspection. ONEOK Field does not have a “clear bag” policy.
- Guests will enter ONEOK Field at one of the public entrances on Elgin Ave.
- All guests are required to have a ticket for entrance to ONEOK Field. Tickets are available at the link sent to your @okstate.edu email address and may be presented digitally on your phone or printed.
- Tickets are general admission. Guests will be seated in socially distanced groups according to the Tulsa Drillers’ COVID-19 Readiness Plan.
- Additional unclaimed tickets were released May 3 and may be claimed on a first-come, first-served basis by logging in to the account you created to claim your initial six tickets.
- Wheelchair accessible seating is available throughout ONEOK Field. Guests requiring accessible seating should inform the usher when entering the stadium.
What to Wear
- The ceremony will be held outdoors. Spring weather in Oklahoma can be unpredictable, so we recommend that graduates monitor the weather and dress accordingly.
- Masks will be required for everyone in the stadium, including all graduates and guests.
- Graduates will be walking on the ONEOK Field infield, which is soft turf surface and red clay that can stain some materials. Comfortable, dark walking shoes are strongly recommended in lieu of heels or other shoes that could increase the risk of injury.
- Regalia can be ordered from shopokstate.com. Order by May 5 for delivery to OSU-Tulsa. Regalia ordered after May 5 will need to be picked up at the University Store in Stillwater.
Before the Ceremony
- Gates open and graduate check-in begins at 5 p.m.
- Please leave all personal items such as purses at home or with family and friends in the audience. There is no secure place to store valuables in the graduate waiting area, and OSU-Tulsa is not liable for lost or stolen personal items.
- Graduates will check in at the north entrance to ONEOK Field and be directed to the outdoor graduate waiting area.
- Graduates do not need a ticket; your name will be confirmed by a volunteer at the entrance.
- Graduates will line up in a socially distanced line for the processional, which will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- During the processional, students will walk down the stairs from the concourse to the field, then process around the field and to their seats, which will be spaced six feet apart.
- Students may choose to join the processional at the bottom of the stairs if they are unable to or do not wish to climb stairs.
- Students who do not wish to participate in the processional may proceed directly to their seat on the field. Tell a volunteer at graduate check-in if you would prefer not to participate in the processional.
During the Ceremony
- During the presentation of degree candidates, students will cross an ADA-compliant ramp onstage as their name is announced.
- Students will pause momentarily for a professional photo as they cross the ramp, and masks may be temporarily removed for the photo.
- Doctoral and master’s students will be hooded by a faculty member at this time. If a student does not have a faculty member to hood them, they will be hooded by the OSU Graduate College dean.
- Graduate students should confirm prior to the ceremony that the faculty they wish to hood them plans to attend the Tulsa ceremony.
- Students will then proceed to pick up their diploma cover near the photo station offstage and take a second photo there.
- Masks must be replaced before students return to their seat on the field.
- No handshaking or other physical contact during the ceremony.
- In case of severe weather, the ceremony may be rescheduled to May 12. An announcement will be sent via email and posted to OSU-Tulsa social media channels by 2 p.m. on May 10 if the ceremony is rescheduled.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University health officials will continue to monitor state and federal health guidelines related to COVID-19, and may recommend updates to public health protocols for commencement if needed.
Steps to Graduation
For additional information about OSU-Tulsa’s Graduation Ceremony, call 918-594-8252 or email.