Marketing is concerned with the identification of wants and needs by buyers and the development of products, distribution channels, price and communications to satisfy those wants and needs. A marketing graduate will likely be involved in performance and management of many traditional areas of decision-making—sales, advertising, logistics and marketing research. OSU-Tulsa students take coursework in areas such as general marketing, consumer behavior, promotion, sales management, services marketing, electronic commerce, marketing research, channels and international marketing. While studying marketing, students often select courses in other fields such as international business, management, management information systems or finance to support a particular career choice within the marketing field.
OSU-Tulsa is downtown Tulsa's public comprehensive research university, offering junior- and senior-level classes with flexible schedules designed for working adults. OSU-Tulsa students are OSU students, which means your degree is an Oklahoma State University degree -- the same degree students in Stillwater receive. Students generally transfer to OSU-Tulsa with an associate's degree or at least 45 credit hours from another institution. The majority of our students take their first two years at Tulsa Community College or another local two- or four-year school, but students have transferred to OSU-Tulsa from colleges and universities across the country.
- 45 hours must be upper-division.
- A 2.0 overall and major GPA are required for graduation.
- At least: 60 hours at a four-year institution; 30 hours completed at OSU; 15 of the final 30 and 50% of the upper-division hours in the major field completed at OSU. Limit of: one-half of major course requirements as transfer work; one-fourth of hours earned by correspondence; eight transfer correspondence hours.
*course availability varies by semester
Consumer and Market Behavior
Managerial Strategies in Marketing
Social Media Strategies
Evening, hybrid and online courses make it easy for students to pursue a degree while working.
How Much Will it Cost?
OSU is one of the best values in the Big 12 and has lower tuition and fees than many Tulsa-area schools and online-only institutions. Students taking 15 credit hours (full time) will pay approximately $5,231.25 per semester in tuition and fees and an estimated $630 for books and supplies. (Estimates based on 2017-2018 tuition and fee charges. Books and supplies will vary based on classes taken each semester.) OSU-Tulsa offers financial aid, scholarships and tuition waivers, with several dedicated specifically to transfer students.
Possible options for Marketing majors include:
- OSU-Tulsa Transfer Tuition Waiver Scholarship or Regents Distinguished Transfer Waiver Scholarship
- Dunbar Family OSU-Tulsa Scholarship
- OSU-Tulsa President's Distinguished Scholarship
Contact the OSU-Tulsa Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to learn more.
How Long will it Take?
Use this chart below to see how long it will take you to complete your bachelor’s degree at OSU-Tulsa if you transfer with 60 credit hours from your two-year institution. If you transfer with fewer than 60 credit hours, the number of semesters will increase accordingly.
|Credit Hours/Semester||Semesters (est.)|
- Admissions counselor
- Advertising account executive
- Advertising art director
- Graphic designer
- Market research analyst
- Marketing executive
- Media buyer/planner
- Product/brand manager
- Meeting, convention and event planner
- Public relations account executive
- Public relations officer
- Sales representative
- Social media manager
- Sales manager
- Video editor
- Web content manager
Some of these careers may require extra training or education.
- Federal, state, tribal and local government
- Advertising agencies
- Hospitals and healthcare providers
- Non-profit organizations
- Web publishers
- Banks and financial institutions
- Colleges and universities
- Hotels, casinos and restaurants
- Telecommunications companies
Marketing graduates often continue their education by pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree or graduate certificate. Related graduate programs available at OSU-Tulsa include:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Business Sustainability Graduate Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate
Human Resource Management Graduate Certificate
Information Assurance Graduate Certificate
Marketing Analytics Graduate Certificate
Non-Profit Management Graduate Certificate
Contact OSU-Tulsa Prospective Student Services
North Hall 130