High school students receive the critical resources they and their families need to make informed decisions about college in a structured, facilitated conference atmosphere at OSU-Tulsa's downtown campus.
How it works:
- High school administrators, counselors, teachers or staff work with OSU-Tulsa’s Pre-Collegiate Coordinator to design a conference that meets the needs of your students, including length, formats and workshop topics
- OSU-Tulsa provides space, subject matter experts and presentations
- The school provides chaperones to assist with managing the students at the conference
OSU-Tulsa’s Pre-Collegiate Conferences are customizable to align with an Individual Career Academic Plan (ICAP).
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Career and major exploration
- How to get in to college
- How to pay for college
- What to expect in college (student life, campus resources, how to read a syllabus)
- First-generation college student experiences
- Social media literacy and responsibility
If there is a specific topic you would like addressed, our Pre-Collegiate Coordinator will work with staff and faculty experts to create a custom workshop for you.
“Students learned these lessons from someone other than their mom, dad or their teachers. I think that is something that we want to exist in school but don’t always have. We’re excited to give them an opportunity to learn about careers and education near them.”
More than 3,000 high school students participated in pre-collegiate conferences at OSU-Tulsa in 2019.
The Union High School senior class came to OSU-Tulsa for their "Beyond U" senior conference. Watch this video to see their experience.
"I think the size of our senior class – over 1,100 – makes something like this seem daunting. But we had the right team of people to make it happen. I don’t think we could have done this without OSU-Tulsa’s logistical help, enthusiastic support and willingness to pull together staff to lend their expertise.”
How can OSU-Tulsa help you meet your college and career readiness planning goals?
Contact us to learn more.
Community Engagement Coordinator