Free App for Students and Staff Turns Your Phone Into a Personal Safety Resource
As part of the Oklahoma State University’s commitment to campus safety, we offer Rave Guardian, a free mobile app that turns any smartphone into a personal safety resource. With Rave Guardian, one app covers the following OSU campuses:
- Oklahoma State University Stillwater
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology (Okmulgee)
- Oklahoma State University-Tulsa
- Oklahoma State University Center For Health Sciences
When visiting a different institution, use the settings wheel in the upper right corner of the app to choose a different campus.
OSU-Tulsa users who previously downloaded the Rave (Cowboy) Guardian app will need to uninstall and re-install the app according to the instructions below to access the new features.
How does the Rave Guardian app work?
- Register and set up an account: Users can add their name, campus address, medical notes and other pertinent information for campus safety in case of emergency.
- Add and message guardians: By adding roommates, friends and family to their network, users can feel safer when walking alone, on or off campus. The student’s emergency contacts can also be messaged directly through the app.
- Set a safety timer: In the event a student feels unsafe, they can set a timer with their current location, indicating where they are going and when they should arrive. If they do not make it there and de-activate the timer, their guardians or campus police will be alerted.
- Send anonymous tips: See something, say something. The app allows users to anonymously text suspicious activity to campus police, including photos. The chat feature is also useful to request help getting your car unlocked or for a vehicle jump.
- View Links and Call Directory: The app includes a call directory of important campus numbers as well as a list of links such as 1is2many.
- Request a SafeWalk: OSU-Tulsa Police are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and will walk you to your car or other on-campus destination if you feel unsafe.