Textbook and Supply Purchases for Veterans with Tax-Exempt Status
The OSU University Store and OSU-Tulsa are committed to helping our veteran and military-affiliated students through the process of using your benefits to purchase your textbooks and supplies.
Student veterans with tax-exempt status and supply allowances may purchase textbooks and supplies on shopokstate.com and have them delivered free of charge to the OSU-Tulsa Information Center or pay to ship to their home. The tips below will help the process go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Before you order:
- For the fastest service, purchase supplies separately from textbooks (use two different orders). This helps prevent delays in receiving your textbooks.
- Before you begin shopping, email a copy of your tax exempt documentation (1905) to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is will alert University Store personnel that your order will be incoming and help speed processing of your order. To help speed up order processing, you can also call 405-744-2612 to inform University Store personnel to watch for your order.
To purchase textbooks and supplies:
- Add items to your cart at shopokstate.com and proceed through checkout with tax. For fastest service, purchase supplies and textbooks separately. You must charge your items to your bursar account.
- At checkout, include a comment in the ‘Order Notes’ section that you are a veteran and have tax exempt status. If you called and spoke with a University Store employee or have already emailed, please note this as well.
- After verifying your tax exempt documentation, the OSU University Store will remove the tax from the order before processing. Your account will not be charged until the tax has been removed.
This process must be followed each time you place a tax-exempt order at shopokstate.com.
OSU-Tulsa students with questions about this process or needing assistance should contact Travis McBride at 918-594-8252 or email@example.com.