April 20-23, 2023
Tulsa LitFest brings together diverse literary artists and writers to collaborate and inspire, enriching the Tulsa community. The free festival includes events ranging from open mic nights and live readings to a small press book fair and a jazz show, presented in a variety of bookstores, taprooms and museums near downtown.
A festival by Tulsans, for Tulsans.
Presented by the Center for Poets and Writers at OSU-Tulsa, Whitty Books, Tri-City Collective, and Fulton Street Books and Coffee.
Calling all writers! Whether you’re an open mic regular or are just gathering the courage to share your work for the first time, we want to welcome you!
Thursday, Friday and Saturday will feature readings with local writers in collaboration with several literary orgs in town. Snaps up for you–we can’t wait to cheer you on!
- Thursday Live Lit Night @ Heirloom Rustic Ales
- Noise on Fulton Street @ Fulton Street Books
- Saturday Poetry Open Mic @ Center for Public Secrets
Small Press Fair
The Small Press Fair is an opportunity to celebrate some of the most innovative work in publishing happening today! From noon to 5 pm on Saturday and Sunday, head down to Whitty Books to fill up your tote bag. Several local and regional publishers will be present, including:
- Perpetual Motion Machine
- Penny Candy
- Horns and Rattles
- Poetic Justice
Tulsa LitFest Leadership
- Lindsey Claire Smith, Director, Center for Poets and Writers at OSU-Tulsa and Associate Professor of English
- Victoria Moore, Owner, Whitty Books
- Quraysh Ali Lansana, Author and Tulsa Artist Fellow
- Onikah Asamoa-Caesar, Owner, Fulton Street Books
Tulsa LitFest is presented by
With Additional Support from
- The OSU College of Arts and Sciences
- The Tulsa Artist Fellowship
- The Poetry Foundation
- The George Kaiser Family Foundation
Our Community Partners
- Heirloom Rustic Ales
- Circle Cinema
- Bar 473
- Reel Indigenous
- Nimrod International Journal
- Tulsa Night Writers
- OSU Creative Writers Association
- OSU Center for Africana Studies
- Tulsa Poets Collective
- Tulsa Review
- Woody Guthrie Center
- Center for Public Secrets
- Studio 66
- ASLUT Zine
- Fassler Hall
Send all media inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.