What is Document Delivery?
Although many articles are available online, many in our collection are available in paper or microfiche.
- Any article or book chapter owned by the Library will be made available electronically by request.
- Entire books can be requested through our online search platform, pulled by Library staff and placed "on hold" for you to pick up at the Circulation Desk in the OSU-Tulsa Library.
- Please note Copyright Restrictions below.
Who can use Document Delivery?
- Document Delivery is available to OSU-Tulsa students, faculty and staff.
How many requests can I make per day?
- Requests will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis for the first 20 requests per individual per day.
How do I request Document Delivery?
The process to request materials owned by the OSU-Tulsa Library is identical to requesting items from other libraries via Interlibrary Loan.
For Articles or Book Chapters:
- Log on to ILLiad.
- Select "Request an Article" for an article or "Request a Book Chapter" for a book chapter.
- Complete the form as fully as possible.
- Click the "Submit Request" button toward the bottom of the form.
- Sign into the OSU-Tulsa Library online search platform with your Okey account information.
- Search for the book you would like to request to be pulled.
- Under the Request Options select "Request" - add a comment if desired and click on "Request" to submit your hold request.
- You will receive an email when your request is on the hold shelf and ready for pick-up at the OSU-Tulsa Library Circulation Desk.
When will I receive my requested material?
- Requests can be made online at any time.
- Requests will be downloaded and processed Monday through Friday 8am-5 pm.
- The Library should fill requests within 48 hours of receipt, with the exception of Fridays and holidays.
- If the book can't be loaned, or the article/book chapter can't be scanned, your request will automatically be routed to the Interlibrary Loan service, which will increase delivery time.
Where will I receive my requested materials? It depends . . .
- Article or Book Chapter - Library staff will retrieve then scan the article or book chapter. The file will then be placed temporarily on the ILLiad server after which you will receive an email with a link where you can download the article or book chapter.
- Entire Book - If you request an entire book, you will receive an email when it is available to be picked up from the OSU-Tulsa Library Circulation desk. Items placed on the hold shelf will remain there for 1 (one) week, then they will be returned to the collection.
What if I do not have time to wait for Document Delivery?
- If you do not have sufficient time to wait for a Document Delivery, remember users are always welcome to visit the Library to retrieve items personally. Check our hours of operation.
The Copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order, if in its judgment, fulfillment of that order would involve violation of copyright law.
Interlibrary Loan Office
Oklahoma State University - Tulsa Library
700 North Greenwood
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74106-0700