Staff Advisory Council
OSU-Tulsa Staff Advisory Council is a staff council that promotes communication between administration and staff, as well as staff and other staff.
- Improve feedback between staff and administration
- Improve department to department communications by sharing updates and feedback
- Provide opportunities for staff members to get to know each other
- Host campus-wide activities that boost employee morale
- Provide a space to share input and ideas to help OSU-Tulsa leadership better support the campus community
- Members will attend one-hour lunchtime meetings held each month
- Department representatives will be needed approximately two hours per month
- The SAC president will represent OSU-Tulsa at the OSU Stillwater Staff Advisory Council
For more information on SAC, read the OSU-Tulsa Staff Advisory Council Bylaws.
- January - Get to know your fellow staff members in a fun, new way! During the month of January, SAC will kick off a Secret Staff Member program and all staff members are invited to participate. Participating members will be assigned a staff member to send good thoughts, small gifts, or other kind gestures once a week. If the event goes well, we will have another in the summer and fall. We will be sending out a questionnaire that will help your secret staff member better know your likes and dislikes, in order to send you things that match your interest. Contact Olivia Woody with any questions.
- SAC members are encouraged to recommend guest speakers to attend our monthly SAC meetings. Guest speakers should be members of the Tulsa community that can share events and programs that could be beneficial for OSU-Tulsa to participate in.
- SAC members are encouraged to share ideas for events that the SAC could attend together as a group. For example, AHHA Tulsa, Glass Blowing, etc. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions you may have.
- Academic Affairs - The high school conferences for Jenks and Union were a success. Between both schools, there was a combined number of 2,000 students in attendance.
- Learning Services Center - Now's the time to schedule for final exams. Remind students to make arrangements for their final exams as Finals week is quickly approaching.
- Library - The Library recently had work cubicles installed for the library staff members as they continue to operate in their temporary location.
- Campus Life & Career Services - The Wellness Center will offer 20-minute dance classes once a month during the spring semester.
- Marketing - OSU-Tulsa will be participating in the MLK Day parade on January 20th, 2020. The Center for Poets and Writers Winter writing workshops are now available.
- Prospective Student Services - Dr. Fry’s attendance and presentation at the Tulsa Women’s Breakfast meeting at 36° North helped build connections with Osage Casinos and Tulsa Remote. OSU-Tulsa will be the first university to host Tulsa Remote's monthly dinner.
- Budget & Finance - OSU-Tulsa has leased out space to USA BMX and are also closer to completing roofing projects on campus.
Upcoming Meeting Dates
OSU-Tulsa Staff Advisory Council will meet from noon-1 p.m. on the following meeting dates. Meetings will be held in the Executive Board Room, located on 2nd floor Administration. Dates are subject to change.
- Jan. 23, 2020
- Feb. 27, 2020
- March 26, 2020
- April 23, 2020
- May 28, 2020
- June 25, 2020
Previous Meeting Minutes
Learn more about what OSU-Tulsa SAC coordinators Karen Castle and Annette Morey have planned for SAC in the OSU-Tulsa blog.
How to Get Involved