OSU Individual Study Exams
(Formerly Independent Study/Correspondence Education)
The exam proctoring fee is $12 per exam, regardless of length or amount of time required to take the exam. Exam fees may be paid by check, credit card or bursar charge.
Students should schedule an appointment so that Testing Center staff can make sure the exam has arrived and ensure that space is available. Walk-ins will be accommodated if possible, but a space cannot be guaranteed without an appointment. Students may schedule exams Monday through Friday within Testing Center hours of operation and should schedule the appointment to allow enough time to finish the exam before closing time. It is also important that students send an exam request form to the Individual Study office well in advance of the date they would like to take their exam to allow sufficient shipping time. Once a student's exam arrives at the OSU-Tulsa Testing Center, the student has up to two weeks to take the exam.
Exams are returned to the Stillwater Office of Individual Study by postal mail, so allow for delivery time when scheduling an appointment if you are trying to meet a deadline.
Students will need to bring a photo ID such as a driver's license or student ID.
Policies and Procedures
- Students must show proper identification to take a Individual Study exam.
- Students need to bring the materials necessary for a test as authorized by their instructor. Students will not be able to use any materials their instructor did not explicitly authorize.
- Students will not be allowed to retrieve materials they have forgotten once they begin an exam.
- Testing Center hours will not be extended so that an examinee may have the full time to take an exam due to late arrival or incorrect scheduling.
- Exams cannot be taken home to be finished.
- Unauthorized items are not allowed in the testing area. Lockers are provided, but space is limited, so students should bring only what they need. View the Testing Center's policies for a list of unauthorized items.
- Cell phones are not permitted in the testing area even if they are turned off or set to vibrate. Cell phones must be left in a locker.
- Calculators may be used when authorized by the instructor, but only the type of calculator specified.
- Any form of cheating or academic dishonesty will be reported to the Correspondence Education office for appropriate disciplinary action.
- Students may not take any paper (including scratch paper) from the testing area.
Testing for Students with Disabilities
It is important that students notify Student Disability Services staff of special testing needs prior to the desired test date so that we can accommodate individual needs.
OSU-Tulsa Testing Center Information
Proctor Name: Kim McCrackin
Proctor Title: Testing Coordinator
OSU-Tulsa Testing Center
700 N. Greenwood Ave
Tulsa, OK 74106
For More Information about OSU Individual Study Programs
Oklahoma State University Office of Individual Study
317 Public Information Office Building
Stillwater, OK 74078-4061