Get your mind set. Confidence will lead you on.
To bring together leaders within OSU in Tulsa to embark on a journey of learning, reflecting, and discovery. The BOLT program provides participants the setting for inquiry and self-awareness. Discussions flow between management concepts and real-life experiences.
WHAT IS IT?
The program is comprised of 3 modules. Each module serves as primary focus for development of leadership competencies* (SHRM): Organizational Focus, Personal Progression, and Leading Others.
Organizational Focus: Appreciate the opportunities of working in higher education. Learn strategies to balance and leverage resources to effectively support the mission and vision of OSU in Tulsa.
Personal Progression: Build skills and competencies to maximize leadership potential. Reflect on areas of strength. Apply resources to enhance strengths.
Leading Others: Communicate effectively ways to develop the talent within team members. Engage team members to support the mission of the university. Develop a sensitive awareness of what individuals are capable of providing to reinforce their success.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Topics and course content will be facilitated by Rhett Laubach. Rhett is owner and operator of Your Next Speaker, LLC and PLI, Inc – a leadership resource for organizations.
- Organizational Focus
- Managing change, solving problems & making decisions, taking risks & innovating, learning organization, project management
- Personal Progression
- Demonstrating ethics & integrity, increasing self-awareness, developing adaptability
- Leading Others
- Managing effective teams, building & maintaining relationships, communicating effectively, developing others
View an outline of topics to be covered.
HOW WILL THIS PROGRAM BENEFIT MY CAREER?
“Happenings” become experience only after they have been reflected upon thoughtfully ~ Rules for Radicals, Saul Alinksy
BOLT will provide participants the opportunity to discuss and review relevant leadership happenings within OSU in Tulsa. Participants will refine leadership skills and communicate with leaders and emerging leaders within OSU in Tulsa.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
Applications must be received by Debbie Butler in Human Resources. Applications will be reviewed by Human Resources to determine that all criteria are met. Final candidate applications will be presented to the leadership team for selection.
Eligible candidates will have:
- Been employed minimum of six months
- Job functions include Managerial/Administration functionality: i.e. Assistant Director, Director, Manager, etc.
- No disciplinary actions within one year
- Staff, faculty and non-faculty employees may apply
- Recommendation from President, Director, Chair or Vice President
Those selected will meet for eight full days or sixteen half days or any combination the group decides based on schedules. A finale luncheon, with administration and other university leaders, will take place upon the completion of the program. Participants will receive a plaque and completion certificate.