OSU Pride Works: Quality Service Initiative (QSI)
For Fall 2020, Professional Development courses are live and virtual. Participants will be emailed a Zoom invite at least three days prior to the event.
A Customer Service Certificate Program
This customer service program offers practical methods for providing the highest quality of service to customers. The program has four different elements to accommodate a variety of learning styles. There are online courses to complete at your own pace in addition two instructor-led courses will offer opportunities for discussion and feedback to support the benefits of excellent customer service in a hands-on and practical manner.
The program includes exercises based on clinical situations, student relations and internal customers. Participants will be able to translate practical methods and service skills for treating customers with respect and understanding while improving working relationships with teammates.
Start by enrolling in the OSU Pride Works: Quality Service Initiative curriculum in the Learning Management System.
This certificate program requires five steps:
- Choose and complete five courses from the list of online courses below. Each course takes approximately one hour in length to complete:
- An Attitude for Service
- Business Friendly Customer Service
- Customer Service
- Customer Service: Made Easy
- Six Cardinal Rules of Customer Service
- Six Steps to Service Recovery
- The Five Forbidden Phrases of Customer Service
- Attend two instructor-led courses:
- Quality Service Initiative Part I (two hours)
- Quality Service Initiative Part II (two hours).
- Submit a written report describing five service standards that reflect the three phases of a Moment of Truth:
- Greeting, transaction and departure
- Could be an example of any of the ways an interaction takes place
- In person, by phone or email/electronic or combination.
- Must attend an OSU in Tulsa Staff Conference within a two-year period (either Spring or Fall).
- Complete the certificate program within one year of attending Quality Service Initiative Part I.
- You can view your progress at any time on your training transcript.