Student Conduct Education & Administration
The staff of Student Conduct Education and Administration (SCEA) contacts and meets with students to assess situations of possible non-academic misconduct as outlined in the Student Code of Conduct. SCEA offers education, challenge, and support to students who may be struggling with behavioral issues in an effort to help these students succeed at the university. SCEA is dedicated to promoting a safe, respectful, and supportive learning environment that promotes the intellectual, personal, cultural, and ethical development of our students. SCEA also facilitates victim services, the 1 is 2 Many campaign, and provides outreach, training and consultation to the OSU-Tulsa community.
The mission of Student Conduct Education and Administration is to;
- Administer and educate students on university policies, procedures and expectations.
- Hold students accountable for violations of university policy while protecting students’ rights to a fair and equitable process.
- Address university concerns of student behavior including, but not limited to, Title IX complaints.
- Assist students in ethical, personal, and intellectual development.
- Identify the need to refer students to appropriate university and community resources to promote student success and retention.
- Help foster and maintain a safe and secure educational environment.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate disciplinary records.
Philosophy on Student Discipline
The university’s philosophy on student discipline is educational in nature. OSU-Tulsa recognizes that students will make mistakes and at times, decisions that do not align with personal values and university expectations. SCEA is charged with helping students reflect and learn from these decisions by holding them accountable for their behavior. Through the conduct process, SCEA assists students in ethical, personal, and intellectual development as well as developing character and integrity. SCEA offers education, challenge, and support to students struggling with behavioral issues, and makes appropriate referrals to other resources as necessary.
Cowboy Community Standards
Student Conduct Education and Administration enforces the following standards that all OSU students should aspire to promote;
- Integrity: OSU-Tulsa students are expected to exemplify honesty, honor, and respect for the truth in all of their actions.
- Community: OSU-Tulsa students build and enhance their community.
- Social Justice: OSU-Tulsa students recognize that respecting the dignity of every person is essential for creating and sustaining a flourishing university community. They understand and appreciate how their decisions and actions impact others and are just and equitable in their treatment of all members of the community. They act to discourage and challenge those who actions may be harmful to and/or diminish the worth of others.
- Respect: OSU-Tulsa students must show positive regard for each other and for the community.
- Responsibility: OSU-Tulsa students are expected to accept responsibility for their learning, personal behavior and future success, and students should appropriately challenge others to do the same. Students should use judgment, be trustworthy, and take personal responsibility for their actions.